seeking light

Yesterday I was just about to leave for the hospital heading to my night shift clinical and I checked the mail and saw that the glasses I ordered to try out came! Yay! So I grabbed them and got in my car to leave. As I was driving I put on the glasses and just started laughing. I don't know why really haha but I was just so pumped that the glasses came in the mail and I was wearing my contacts but decided it would be fun to wear these sample glasses anyways. I got down just about to get on the freeway and all of the sudden I noticed the incredible sunset. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. In that moment my car seemed to be filled with light. From my excitement of getting new glasses and the beauty of the sky, I don't know but it seemed that I could physically feel light. That sounds so simple doesn't it? That something as simple and funny as getting a new pair of glasses and looking at a pretty sky could bring me so much light, but it did! I went on with the rest of the night and attempted to keep that light with me, and the outcome was incredible. I felt open minded and compassionate. I felt that I had more patience and that light filled my heart. I find it all so amazing that recognizing simple blessings and joys can guide us to living a happier and more fulfilling life.  This was just one evening!!! Imagine if we could do this each time something good happened in our lives. Recognizing God's hand in my life has lead to finding purpose and joy in the journey. I am excited to keep on keeping on with this journey of seeking light.

Comments