Refuge pod

You're probably wondering what the heck is a refuge pod hahaha. I can see now that it does sound kind of weird. Well the way that I look at it is that cars are just pods that take us places. Little or not so little mobile pods that get us where we need and want to go. When I got my new car about a year ago I made a commitment to myself that I would make my car a little refuge from the world. A place that I could go to feel peace and to be myself completely. Since then it has been such a blessing to me to have my little refuge pod! I have a little picture of Jesus on my visor, I keep a Book of Mormon on the seat or somewhere inside the car, and whenever I am feeling down, discouraged, sad, or lonely I take quiet moments to pray or listen to uplifting music. I have had multiple times in the past year where I have had total meltdowns in my car haha, like serious bawl my eyes out meltdowns, and I have had some incredibly happy moments just driving around and feeling God's love for me. I have started this new thing where I try to get wherever I am going at least 10-15 minutes early and I take a few minutes to read the Book of Mormon. It is so empowering to read the words of Christ periodically throughout the day, and I love having a clean quiet space where those words come to life and I can take them with me wherever I go. I don't spend 24 hours a day in my car haha but I love having a place in the world but not of the world, because as much as I would love to be in the temple or at church all day every day I have to get to school and work and having my little refuge pod allows me to carry the spirit with me in my travels. So whether it be your bedroom, kitchen, car, or even bathroom haha find a refuge pod that can be your safe and happy place where the spirit resides.

Comments